Journal "SOCAR Proceedings" is published from 1930 and is intended for oil and gas industry specialists, post-graduate (students) and scientific workers.
Published by “OilGasScientificResearchProject” Institute, SOCAR.
“OilGasScientificResearchProject” Institute was established in 2009 as a result of SOCAR two institutes “Scientific Research’ institute and “Oilgasproject” institutes amalgamation. During many years every institute published its own journal: “Scientific Research” Institute (before AzNIIDN, AzNII Burneft, AzNIPINeft) – beginning from 1930 and “Oilgasproject” Institute (before GosNIPI “Gipromorneftegas”) - from 1970. Each of them during many years was the source of qualitative, exact, scientifically-proved information in the field of geology, geophysics, field development, wells drilling techniques and technologies, oil and gas production, preparation and transportation, environment protection etc.
Archives of the journal is presented in the following volume:
- 12 issues of "Scientific Research" Institute (2003-2009 years)
- 2 issues of "Oilgasproject" Institute (2008-2009 years)
SOCAR Proceedings is a peer-reviewed. Journal provides complex information for oil & gas industry development, where due to discussions of prominent scientists both scientific, technical and economical issues as well are being publicly known.
SOCAR Proceedings has a distinguished editorial board with extensive academic qualifications, ensuring that the journal maintains high scientific standards. The journal publishes articles including but not limited to the following subjects:
- Oil and gas fields geology, geophysics and exploration
- Well drilling
- Reservoir and petroleum engineering
- Oil and gas transportation and storage
- Oil and gas refining. Petrochemistry
- Oil and gas field structures (including sea structures, corrosion protection and so on)
- Information technologies
- Oil and gas industry economics
- Environment protection in oil and gas industry
- Renewable energy
- Fundamental scientific investigations having applied sense for oil and gas industry
The Journal’s languages are Azerbaijani, Russian and English.
Since 2004 the Journal is in the list of editions that are recommended for publication of main conclusions of DS and PhD dissertations by decision of Supreme Attestation Commission attached to the President of Azerbaijan Republic.
Information for Authors
We encourage you to send us your article in electronic form so it can refereed without postal delays and be published more quickly. To simplify procedure of interaction between author (co-authors) and publisher we suggest that you should familiarize with Guide for Authors.